Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Awe and Anticipation

Tonight my thoughts are whirling! 

I'm in awe of God's love.  In recent weeks, "aha!" and "wow!" moments seem to be increasing in number, and I can only wonder what God has in store for me or perhaps for someone dear to me.  No, I won't chalk these "moments" up to coincidence.  I don't believe in coincidence, as such.  I do believe, however, that something monumental is about to happen, something awesome, something only God can orchestrate.  I feel the excitement of God's love, joy and peace more than ever, and as the Psalm says, "my cup runneth over."  If only every living person could experience the wonder of God's love - a love so great that His Son's blood was spilled for our undeserving souls. 

~~~

John 3:16 (New International Version)


 16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14 (New International Version)

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
 1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going."
Jesus the Way to the Father
 5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"  6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

~~~

God is so good.  He loves me.  That simple fact astounds me.  If you've read this far (and I suspect many of you sadly haven't) and if you have not yet made a decision to accept Christ as YOUR Savior, please do so right now, where you're sitting.  He's waiting for you with open arms.  Accepting Christ should not be considered the end of your journey - it is a new beginning! And if you don't know how to invite Christ into your heart, I would be so honored to show you the way.

With love, til next time ~~

No comments: