Sunday, October 4, 2009

Prepare for Tractor Overload! First Annual Cows and Plows Event...




Nothin' like a Saturday afternoon nap with your tractor(s)!
 Rides for the kiddies...


For $100, a bunch of folks could take a riding tour of a farm!

Big Blue Tractor!






I don't pretend to know what this is, but it was the first one built!

 
 


 
 Aren't these cute?



 

"Wasted Days & Wasted Nites"


This one's named "Weezer."  I think it was a 1950 model.  Its owner rode it around a bit after this was taken.


Tractors everywhere - and a cute little riding mower, too.  Awww.




Okay, so I didn't see cows, but suspect I would have had to take the $100 riding tour of the farm to do that.  There were lots of tractors and implements and antique engines and roasted ears of corn to munch,  homemade ice cream, muscadine cider, a quilt raffle to enter (which I did), various crafters hopeful for a sale, and a few camera-shy Shetland ponies.  I'm thinking this first Cows and Plows event was a success.




No comments: