Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Little Magic

During my walk Sunday morning I noticed how the sun poured through an opening in the dense overhead canopy of the woods in front of our log home.  

Seeing the inner woods spotlighted sent my imagination into overdrive.  I could've sworn I heard musical "tinkling" bells and glimpsed tiny faerie ballerinas swirling on broad sassafras or oak sapling leaves.  Some of the little gigglers leaped from branch to branch.  Others played hide-and-seek with leprechauns, while gnomes sang high-pitched nasal tunes and danced hand-in-hand in a wide circle on the thick woods floor.  The dancing and bell-tinkling neared crescendo - until - our cat darted across in front of me, chasing a very real butterfly.  Poof...the faeries, leprechauns and gnomes pretty much vaporized before my eyes.  For a while, though, there was magic in that little spotlighted wooded area.  

Take time to find some magic in your world.  It's only an imagination away.

1 comment:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

How wonderful. I felt as if I were there with you. Are you back to writing? Thanks for sharing your backyard journeys.